KAUNAS MARATHON 2013
I. GENERAL PART
The public enterprise VšĮ „Kauno maratono klubas“ („Kaunas Marathon Club“) is organizing the running „Kaunas marathon 2012“ on June 9, 2013.
During the event, enthusiasts and professionals of running will be able to compete in the following:
42 km 195 m;
21 km 98 m;
10 km 548 m;
4 x 10 km 548 m (relay-race).
III. PLACE AND TIME OF THE COMPETITION
Nemunas island, near Kaunas „Žalgiris“ arena;
42 km 195 m – at 9:30 hours;
21 km 98 m – at 9:30 hours;
10 km 548 m – at 9:30 hours;
4 x 10 km 548 m (relay) – at 9:30 hours.
Family run - at 14:00 hours.
IV. TIME LIMIT
1. 42 km 195 m, relay – 5 hours and 30 minutes.
2. 21 km 98 m, 10 km 548 m – 3 hours.
3. On the day of the competition, at 15 hours, the time measurement electronic system will be switched off and the time will not be fixed. Also, at 15 hours, the city streets will be opened for normal traffic, and the organizers will not be liable for the safety of runners on the marathon route.
1. Everyone wishing to participate may take part, after filling the participant’s card and having checked their health and confirmed about it by their signature. All participants take part in the running at their own free will, not forced by anyone and take responsibility for all the risks related to the participation in the running (including various health problems, etc.) as well as commit not to express any complaints to the organizers of the running. The runners, when receiving their numbers, must possess their personal identity documents.
2. Every participant agrees automatically by registering that the organizers of the event may use all the pictures and filmed material of the event freely and without a separate consent for the aims of marketing.
3. A participant may take part as a member of only one team and run only one event.
4. Parents, foster-parents or coaches are responsible for minors.
5. Persons born not later than in 1994 may take part in the marathon. The groups of ages of participants of the marathon and half-marathon:
M 1995–1974 W 1995–1974
M40 1964–1973 W40 1964–1973
M50 1954–1963 W50 1954–1963
M60 1944–1953 W60 1944–1953
M70 1943 and older W70 1943 and older
6. Persons born not later than in 1997 may take part in the half-marathon event.
VI. SPECIAL CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS
1. A person may register to any event only by his/her own name. It is forbidden to pass one‘s own number to another participant. In such a case, the participants will be disqualified, and the results will not be included into the protocol of the competition.
2. If the registered participant wishes to change the event into a shorter one, he/she must pay the event changing fee – 10 Litas. If he/she wishes to change the event into the longer one, he/she has to pay additionally the difference of the entry fee, according to the entry fee of the event as valid on the day of payment.
3. Every participant must have the number properly attached on the shirt. The number must be on the front of the shirt (the chest), on a clearly visible place.
4. Participants and persons cheering for them are strictly forbidden to use any means of transport, for example, bicycles, roller-skates, skate-boards and other wheeled transport means. Participants violating this point of the statutes will be disqualified.
5. In the course of the competition, participants are forbidden to use any personal escort. Participants violating this rule will be disqualified.
6. It is forbidden to walk any animals on the route in the course of the event.
7. Every participant of the running must attach the time measuring electronic lust on the shoe. Time of participants who failed to attach or attached improperly the time measuring electronic lust will not be fixed, and consequently such participants will not be included into the protocol of the competition.
8. It is forbidden to the participants of the competition to deviate from the running route even a little (without the permission from the referee). Participants violating this rule will be disqualified.
9. Any claims of the participants must be submitted in wiring to the chief referee of the competition not later then during 20 minutes after the end of the competition. The participant submitting a claim must pay the fee of 50 Litas that is returned only in the case when the appeal commission (the director of the marathon, the chief referee, the representative of the LAF) accepts the claim. The claims are processed only after the participant pays the fee.
10. Participants on the marathon route are forbidden to use any music devices and equipment that may impair the hearing of the participant.
VII. SPECIAL POINTS ON THE ROUTE
1. Food points will be established on the marathon track where energy drinks, water and fruit will be given to the participants of the marathon. The food and refreshment points will be established approximately every 5 kilometers.
2. Bio-toilets will be set up for the participants on the marathon route.
1. Winners of the overall standing running and prize winners will be given the commemorative cups.
2. Monetary prizes:
- Winners of the marathon distance, men and women: the 1st place – 1 000 Litas, the 2nd place – 600 Litas, the 3rd place - 400 Lt.
- Improving the Lithuanian record of the marathon distance – the special price – 10 000 Litas – will be awarded.
3. Winners and prize-winners of the groups will be awarded special prizes of sponsors.
4. Commemorative medals will be awarded to all participants of the running who crossed the finish line during the control time.
IX. ENTRY FEE OF PARTICIPANTS
1. The following entry fee is established for participants of the event of 42,195 km:
a. for those registered before March 17, 2013 - 30 Lt.
b. for those registered between March 18 – May 14, 2013 - 40 Lt.
c. for those registered between May 15 – June 6, 2013 - 50 Lt.
d. for those registered between June 6 – June 8, 2013 - 80 Lt.
2. The following entry fee is established for participants of the event of 21,098 km:
a. for those registered before March 17, 2013 – 20 Lt.
b. for those registered between March 18 – May 14, 2013 – 30 Lt.
c. for those registered between May 15 – June 6, 2013 – 40 Lt.
d. for those registered between June 6 – June 8, 2013 – 60 Lt.
3. The following entry fee is established for participants of the event of 10,548 km:
a. for those registered before March 17, 2013 – 15 Lt.
b. for those registered between March 18 – May 14, 2013 – 25 Lt.
c. for those registered between May 15 – June 6, 2013 – 35 Lt.
d. for those registered between June 6 – June 8, 2013 – 50 Lt.
4. The following team entry fee is established for participants of the event of 4 x 10,548 km (relay):
a. for those registered before March 17, 2013 – 50 Lt.
b. for those registered between March 18 – May 14, 2013 – 60 Lt.
c. for those registered between May 15 – June 6, 2013 – 80 Lt.
d. for those registered between June 6 – June 8, 2013 – 100 Lt.
5. The entry fee of the participant is not returned and is not transferred to another participant.
X. REGISTRY OF PARTICIPANTS AND DISTRIBUTION OF NUMBER TAGS
1. All the participants may register on the internet site www.kaunasmarathon.lt till June 7. On June 8, the registry will be carried out in the registry centre.
2. The number tags of participants may be taken on June 8, at the registry centre (Vero Cafe House - Kestucio s. 70), from 12:00 till 18:00 hours. On June 9, the number tags will be delivered in the tent at the centre of the competition (at Žalgiris arena), from 7:00 till 8:30 a. m. Runners of Tiche family run will be able to take their numbers until 13 p.m.
3. The participant properly filling the registry form and paying the entry fee is included into the entry protocol.
XI. COMPETITION ROUTE
1. The start of the running route and the finish are located by the „Žalgiris“ arena. The route will go along the Nemunas river bank, the Old Town and the park of Santaka.
XII. END NOTES
1. Organizers has a right to change the rules of this event, if it becomes necessary.