During the event, running enthusiasts and professionals will be able to compete in the following distances:
1. Marathon 42 km 195 m;
2. Halfmarathon 21 km 98 m;
3. 10 km run;
4. 5 km run;
5. Family 1,5km run;
6. Kids 400m run;
Kaunas Old Town, Town Hall square „Rotušė“
Event starts on 6:00 am and finishes on 17:00 pm.
08:30 - marathon, half-marathon start
12:30 – 400m kids run start
13:00 - 1,5K family run start
14:00 – 5K start
15:00 – 10K start
1. 42 Km 195 m – 5 hours and 30 minutes.
2. 21 Km 98 m – 2 hours and 45 minutes.
3. 10 Km 1 hour and 30 minutes.
4. 5 Km - 50 minutes.
5. On the race day, after 16:30 pm., the event timetable will be stopped and the city streets will be opened for traffic. Therefore, past 16:30 pm. the event organizers won‘t take any responsibility for the safety on the marathon course.
1. All the runners will be able to participate in this event, after filling the participant’s registration form, passing a medical examination and confirming this on the registration form. Registration fee is nonrefundable. All the participants compete in this event at their own free will and risk (including various health issues etc.). Participants have no obligations to express any complains for the event organizers, related with their experienced health issues during the event and after it.
2. In order to receive the race bib numbers, participants must have a personal identification document.
3. After registration process to the event every participant authorises, that he or she gives all the rights to use still and moving images in which he or she appears for marketing purposes without additional permission of the participant. In addition, the personal race results are stored, processed and publicised to create a database of results (also historical), which also allows for the printing of personalized result certificates. By registering, the participant consents to the storage, processing and use of the data for these purposes.
4. The results from your participation (race number, first and last name, gender, age group, ranking, time, country, city and club) will be published after each event on the online www.kaunasmarathon.lt results page.
5. By registering every participant agrees to receive emails and SMS regarding event organisers.
6. Marathon participants must be 18 or older on the day of the event.
7. Half-marathon participants must be 16 or older on the day of the event.
8. Parents or legal guardians take full responsibility for participants under 18. All participants under 18 years have to bring printed and signed agreements when picking up starting packages.
9. Children 400m run participants must be 5 or older on the day of the event. Maximum age for participants is 12 years.
10. Age groups for marathon and half marathon events:
1. A person may register to any event only on his or her own name. It is forbidden to pass one‘s own number to another participant. In such case, the participants will be disqualified, and the results won‘t be included into the competition result list.
2. Registered participant is able to change the running distance, or any information related with his profile, with a 10 EUR – fee charge.
2.1. If the participant wishes to choose the shorter distance, he/she must pay 10 EUR swap fee. In addition, participant loses the right to receive the event T-shirt, which will be given to longer distance runners.
2.2. If the participant wishes to choose the longer distance, he/she must cover the entry fee difference, which applies to the valid distance entry fee, charged on the swap day. In addition, 5 EUR swap fee is also charged.
3. Registration information and distance length changes are fulfilled when the participant sends an email with the payment prove copy and detailed changes description, to this email address: email@example.com All the changes must be done no later than 2022-04-10. REQUISITES:
Organization name: VŠĮ "Kauno maratono klubas"
Company code: 302437756
Company adress: I. Kanto g. 25, Kaunas, Lietuva
Bank acount: LT98 7044 0600 0720 8150
Bank: AB SEB
Bank code: 70440
SWIFT code (BIC) CBVILT2X
Telex 261601 VILBK LT
4. Entry fee is nonrefundable and can’t be transferred to other participants.
5. Participants who can not participate in “Kaunas marathon 2022” can move their registration to the following year’s event. Service fee is 10 EUR. All changes in the registration have to be made until 2022-04-20.
6. Every participant must have the race bib number properly attached to the shirt. The number must locate on the shirtfront, chest area. Race number must be clearly visible.
7. Participants, spectators and fans are strictly forbidden to use any means of transport, like bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards and other wheeled transport. Participants violating this rule will be disqualified.
8. Participants are not allowed to have any personal escort during the race. Participants violating this rule will be disqualified.
9. To guaranty participants safety, all animals and pets are forbidden on the competition courses. Participants violating this rule will be disqualified.
10. Every participating runner must have time measuring electronic stripe attached to his or her number. Participants who will fail to attach or will do that improperly, will not have their recorded race time. In addition, such participant will not be included into the race protocol.
11. Any deviation from the set course (without permission of the judge) is prohibited. Participants violating this rule will be disqualified.
12. Any claims or complains must be submitted in written form to the chief referee of the competition, no later than 30 minutes after the end of the race. Participant who wishes to submit the claim must pay the fee of 100 EUR, which is retrieved only if the appeal commission (race director, technical official, chief of judge) accepts the claim. The claims are processed only after the fee payment.
13. During the race, participants are forbidden to use any music devices or equipment that may impair their hearing.
14. Race results are compiled according to the official race time count.
1. All the race courses starts and finishes in the Kaunas Old Town, Town Hall square „Rotušė“.
2. Multiple refreshment stations will be established on the marathon/half-marathon course. Stations will serve energy drinks, water and fruits. Approximate food station location will be every 5 kilometers, from the start line.
3. Bio-toilets, on the marathon course will be set up near the refreshment stations.
4. The marathon, half-marathon tracks have been measured and certified and technically prepared for competitions in accordance with The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) Racing Rules and Association of International Marathons and Distance Races (AIMS) requirements.
1. Absolute marathon winners and prizewinners will get “Kaunas marathon” trophies.
2. Marathon and half marathon prizewinners will get money prizes and partners gifts:
1 place 600EUR
1 place 600EUR
2 place 300EUR
2 place 300EUR
3 place 200EUR
3 place 200EUR
Kaunas marathon course record 600EUR
Lithuanian marathon record 10 000EUR
1 place 150EUR
1 place 150EUR
2 place 100EUR
2 place 100EUR
3 place 50EUR
3 place 50EUR
Half-marathon course record 400EUR
3. Age group prizewinners (section 5.10) will receive prizes of event partners.
4. All participants who will crose finish line will be awarded unique Kaunas marathon medals.
5. All marathon registered participants will get official Kaunas marathon T-shits.
1. Registration fees are announced on event website, under the registration section. www.kaunasmarathon.com
2. Registration fee is nonrefundable and cannot be passed to other participants.
3. Free registration, made through companies or other parties is nonrefundable.
1. All participants can register online at www.kaunasmarathon.com till 2022 04 22. On April 23-24, online registration will not work.
2. Bib number pickup on April 22-24th the Kaunas Old Town, Town Hall square „Rotušė“.
3. In order, to receive other participant’s bib number or race pack, person must provide the copy of his or her identity-proving document.
4. Participants who properly filled the registration form and made the entry fee payment will be included to the race start list.
5. All participants may register on the day of the event from 6 a.m. The registration will be closed 30 minutes before the start of each race.
6. Race package content must be checked during the pickup. After the event, race packages cannot be received or changed.
7. Participants may pick-up their starting package and the bib number at the day of the event April 24th from 6 am. in the information centre at Kaunas old town square. The number pick-up will be closed 15 minutes before the start of each distance.
8. During the bib number pickup, participants must answer to questions, located on the number’s backside. Information will be related with their health and relatives contact information.
1. 1. Public Company Kauno Maratono klubas, registration code: 302437756, registration address: I. Kanto str. 25, Kaunas, phone nr. +370 624 36799, email - firstname.lastname@example.org, is the data controller responsible for the collection and processing data submitted by participants in the Kaunas Marathon event.
2. Kauno Maratono klubas is also managing website https://www.kaunasmarathon.lt.
3. Participants' data are obtained by filling registration form on page 2. on the specified website and processed in the legitimate interest of the data controller for the purposes of organizing the Kaunas Marathon event, its implementation and the participant's participation in it, such as:
3.1. Information about the name, surname, date of birth, as well as data about payment for registration are processed for the processing and administration of the purchase (registration) of the participant's services during participation in the event;
3.2. Phone number, e-mail, date of birth, gender, country, city, as well as data on the results achieved at the event (time, place) are processed for informational and organizational purposes (to share relevant information about the event, participation in the event (by gender, age), etc.);
3.3. Information about participant's name, surname and e-mail. address is also processed for direct marketing purposes if the participant agrees in advance.
4. The participant must submit in 3.1. and 3.2. points specified data for registration and implementation of the objectives of the event.
5. . Data on the participant's name, surname, age group, gender, achieved results (time, place occupied), as well as the city and the country are published on the website at https://www.kaunasmarathon.lt. In order to ensure the transparency of results, by registering for the event, the participant automatically agrees that this data will be made public on the website.
6. By registering, each participant automatically agrees that the organizers of the event may freely and without separate consent use all photos and videos taken during the event for marketing purposes, such as on social networks, the website, etc.
7. The participant's data is stored:
7.1. Details of the participant's telephone number, email address - 5 years from the date of registration of the participant to participate in the event.
7.2. Data like participant's name, surname, date of birth, gender, country, city, as well as data about the results achieved at the event (time, place occupied) - for statistical / historical purposes and are not deleted.
7.3. Data on the participant's name, surname, telephone number, e-mail email address for direct marketing purposes - 5 years from the date of such consent.
8. The participant has the rights to request the Public Company “Kaunas Marathon Club” allow access to the personal data of the participant and correct or delete them, or restrict the processing of data.
9. The participant has the right to data portability (this right may be implemented by the participant from 25 May 2018 with the direct application of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data). On the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
10. If the data is processed for the purposes of direct marketing (with the prior consent of the participant), the participant has the right to disagree to such processing at any time. The participant can process this right with the received e-mail by clicking on the appropriate link at the bottom of the email or informing company representative by this email address - email@example.com.
11. The participant has the right to submit a complaint to the State Data Protection Inspectorate regarding the actions (inactions) of the Public Company Kauno Maratono klubas, which, in the opinion of the participant, violate the provisions of legal acts.
Participants can choose these distances:
1. Marathon 42 km 195 m;
2. Half-marathon 21 km 98 m;
3. 10K run;
4. 5K run;
5. 1,5K family run;
6. 400m kids run;
Before choosing a distance, we recommend that the participant assess their physical abilities and consult a sports doctor or coach.
Each participant individually chooses a time and place convenient for him.
The participant can run on April 18-24th and chose which day to run.
Running can be done on the treadmill if it is possible to match the track with a mobile app that would record the distance and time.
1. Anyone can participate in the event by filling in the participant's registration form, having a health check, getting acquainted with the regulations of the event and confirming this with the registration fee. All participants participate in the run of their own free will, are not forced by anyone and assume all risks and responsibilities related to participation in the run (including various health disorders, etc.).
2. The participant understands and confirms that the organizers are not responsible for and will not compensate for the damage caused to the participant's health or life. All risks and responsibilities for the participant's health problems, injuries and accidents resulting from participation in the run are the sole responsibility of the participant.
3. Minor participants and their safety are the responsibility of their parents.
4. During the run, participants must comply with the safety requirements set by the Government.
1. The time of the running participants is measured independently using any sports app.
2. The result of the participant is included in the protocol in case it is recorded in the period of April 18-24.
3. To add the result to the protocol, the participant who logs in to the profile enters the recorded time and a publicly available link of the sports app to the result until April 24 inclusive.
4. The results will be confirmed, revised and entered to the protocol till 25 of April.
5. The result you have achieved will be published in the official competition protocol and on the competition page, in the "Results" section.
1. The running participants independently choose the place and the running route that is convenient for them.
2. Running participants running in Kaunas can choose the traditional "Kaunas Marathon" tracks.
1. Distances entry fees are indicated on the website www.kaunasmarathon.lt, in the registration section.
2. Upon receipt of an additional free registration from a company, partner or other third party, the already approved registration fee will not be refunded.
3. The registration fee is non-refundable.
1. All participants can register on the website www.kaunasmarathon.lt until April 22.
2. It is necessary to enter the address to which the participant's package will be sent in the registration form.
3. A participant who has duly filled in the registration form and paid the entry fee will be included in the list of participants.
1. “Kauno maratono klubas”, company code: 302437756, address: I. Kanto street 25, Kaunas, email firstname.lastname@example.org is the Data Controller, and it is responsible for collecting and processing personal data of participants (hereafter Data Subjects) of the Kaunas Marathon event.
2. Data Controller is the manager of the website https://www.kaunasmarathon.lt.
3. Data Subjects will provide information to Data Controller by filling out the registration form on the website (see 2.). This personal data will be lawfully used by Data Controller to organise the running event and ensure the best possible experience for Data Subjects. The following personal data will be collected and processed:
3.1. Name, surname, date of birth, and payment fee information will be used for event registration;
3.2. Telephone number, email, date of birth, gender, country and city of residence, and details of achieved results during the running event (time and place) will be used for the running event’s organisation and communication purposes;
3.3. If Data Subjects consent in advance, their name, surname, and email will be used for direct marketing purposes.
4. Data Subjects must submit personal information (see 3.1. and 3.2.) to register for the running event and to enable event organisers to achieve their designed goals.
5. Data Subjects name, surname, age group, gender, and details of achieved results during the running event (time and place) will be publicly available on https://www.kaunasmarathon.lt website. By registering to the running event, Data Subjects consent that previously mentioned personal data will be publicly available on the website to ensure transparency of results.
6. By registering to the running event, Data Subjects consent that all photos and video footage from the event can be freely used by event organisers for marketing purposes.
7. The following Data Subjects personal data will be stored:
7.1. Telephone number and email will be saved for 5 years starting from the registration date of the running event;
7.2. Name, surname, date of birth, gender, country and city of residence, and details of achieved results during the running event (time and place) will be saved for an indefinite time for statistical and historical purposes;
7.3. Name, surname, and email used for direct marketing purposes will be saved for 5 years.
8. Data Subjects has the right to do the following: access personal data, complete incomplete personal data, restrict the processing of personal data, and request to rectify personal data.
9. Data Subjects has the right to data portability, which is enacted by the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
10. . Data Subjects have the right to object processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes at any given time. This right can be exercised by clicking the link at the bottom of an email sent by the organisers or writing an email to email@example.com.
11. Data Subjects have the right to file a complaint to the State Data Protection Inspectorate regarding the actions (inaction) of Data Controller, which, in the opinion of the Data Subjects, violates legal acts.
Due to the restrictions applied by the Government to mass events and due to the lack of opportunities to ensure the safety of participants in this situation, we do not have the opportunity to run the event in the usual format. To ensure the safety of the participants, a decision was made to organize the Kaunas Marathon in the Virtual run format, on June 1-6th.
Participants who postponed registrations to Kaunas marathon 2021 should make decision what to do with it: postpone to the 2022 year event or applicate for a refund. The decision should be made till April 30th by logging in to your profile (how to login to profile read more).